Understanding Bad Breath and How to Avoid It
It would really be embarrassing to be told by someone that you have bad breath. That’s why we make sure that we always have proper oral hygiene. This way, we can be sure that we will always have fresher breath and mouth taste. But, you know what? Even if we always have fresh breath, there is still a chance that you may experience having bad breath.
But, there’s no need for you to panic. As long as you know what to do, you can always have your fresh breath back. Here is where the importance of understanding the problem comes in. This goes to say that if you really want to be free from bad breath problems, you should first try to debunk the myths surrounding it.
CLICK HERE: https://app.box.com/s/anzcb9ihfhp0ieu0vxr6hnizuz3sv51w
So what really is bad breath? Also known as halitosis, bad breath is the breath with an unpleasant odor. And depending on the cause, you may have bad breath only from time to time or it can be your long-lasting dilemma. Now, you might wonder might be causing this unpleasant odor. Well, you’re maybe unaware but there are lots of bacteria living in our mouth. They are mostly under the tongue. And these bacteria are the most common causes of bad breath. There are other causes of bad breath, they are the following:
• Mouth infections – when you have gum disease or periodontal disease, there is a high risk that you’ll have bad breath
• Poor hygiene – if you’re not brushing your teeth properly, you will surely have bad breath; plaque will most likely to build up around your teeth which can cause bad breath
• Dry mouth – saliva is important in washing away the foods we eat and if there is not enough saliva, the foods we eat will stick in our tongue and the inside of the cheeks; thus, causing a foul odor
• Infections in the respiratory tract – infections in the lung, throat and sinus problems are also causing our mouth to have a bad odor
• Other bad odor causing agent – the foods that we eat are also among the factors why we have bad breath; like if we eat too much garlic and onions or drink too much coffee. Cigarette smoking and tobacco chewing is also a cause.
Now that you have more knowledge about bad breath and you also know its causes, the next thing that you should know is the ways on how you can prevent having bad breath. Here are some of the things that you can do;
• Proper brushing – you have to brush your teeth properly in order to make sure that there are no bad breath causing bacteria left; you also need to brush your tongue and gums after each meal.
• Flossing – according to dental experts, brushing alone is not enough; you need to floss everyday to make sure there are no food particles and plaque left between the teeth.
• Mouthwash – after eating, it would help a lot to rinse with a mouthwash approved by your dentist.
• Have a regular trip to your dentist – it is recommended that you visit your dentist at least two times a year; regular cleaning and dental examination is important.
Aside from the above mentioned ways to prevent bad breath, drinking plenty of water is also a proven solution for combating bad breath. Water is a great way to loosen the foods sticking inside your mouth as well as to make your body produce more saliva.